Three-quarter mattress dimensions
Three-quarter mattress dimensions measure 107 cm wide and 183 cm long for the standard size. They are also available in extra length which is 200 cm long. The mattress is 16 cm wider than the smaller single which is 91 cm wide and 30 cm narrower than the double which is 137 cm wide. The extra length option is for taller individuals or if you just need that extra bit of legroom. These are popular choices for kids' rooms or guest rooms and occasional use as they are the perfect size. They are generally suited for a solo sleeper but can easily accommodate 2 children if need be.
Mattress types in 3/4 size
There are several types that you can choose from, each having its own set of unique features, advantages, and benefits.
- Memory foam. Provides the ultimate sleep comfort. Great for easing morning back stiffness and zero motion transfer.
- Pocket spring. The individual pocket coils make for an undisturbed sleep and relief of pressure point pain.
- High-density foam. Available in a variety of comfort levels. Economical, durable, and easy to clean
- Innerspring. Economical and durable with a high degree of support.
- Hybrid. Best of both in terms of support and comfort. Often made up of a foam-encased spring system and topped with memory blue gel or latex.
What is the best ¾ mattress?
The best mattress would be the one that checks all the boxes for you. It is no longer a vase of the big brand name beds being the best. It is now possible to get a mattress that matches or even exceeds the quality of the branded products. The materials and machinery are available to the local independent manufacturers these days. And you will often find that the smaller mattress manufacturers pay closer attention to detail and quality than the larger, known manufacturers.
What makes it the best for you?
When selecting the best 3-quarter mattress there are a few factors that will help the best mattress find you. These are comfort, support, weight, sleep positions and lastly sleep ailments, if any. These factors will determine the best mattress fit for you. Let's look briefly at the considerations that you would need to bear in mind.
- Comfort. This refers to how hard or soft the sleep surface is.
- Support. This is the amount of give that the mattress will allow, Support means the degree to which the mattress keeps the spine in line while sleeping.
- Weight rating. This means the amount of weight that the mattress is made to carry. It will be per individual sleeper and not the total weight.
- Sleep positions. Certain mattress types cater for certain sleep positions so it would be advisable to consider that when doing your homework.
Where can I buy a three-quarter bed?
If you are in Gauteng the best place to buy these sizes is from The Bed Guy, We are an established bedding retailer Our premium mattress range has all the different types that you would need, and at much lower, unbeatable prices.
Visit us online and browse our beds for sale, we have an ongoing mattress sale that has the lowest three-quarter bed prices.